How To Pack Shoes For Moving
Moving items of value like shoes without a proper Moving Planner, can be a difficult task. Whether it is a personal collection of shoes or in the business of selling shoes, the shoes must be packed and moved professionally to prevent damage and loss. It is not wise to throw all your shoes in one box because they could be irreparably damaged. Also, randomly loading shoes in a big box makes the unpacking of shoes difficult. A professional moving company should be able to provide helpful Resources to how to pack shoes for moving to relieve you from the heavy burden of the tedious, time-consuming task of moving shoes.
Preparing Your Shoes for Transport
The shoes should be cleaned to free them of any particles of dust, sand, and mud. All the shoes should be checked for signs of the presence of moisture before they are packed. Additionally, shoes should be aerated 48 hours before packing them, to prevent the formation of mold. Put a dry tea bag or sprinkle powder inside shoes that are not dry to remove any moisture. When preparing the shoes, group the shoes into their various categories to determine what kind of packaging is required. The shoes should be filled with packing papers or socks to maintain their shape. An inventory of all the shoes to be moved should be prepared. The shoes should also be sorted out into those the owner is keeping, donated, or thrown away.
Tips for Packing Shoes for Transport
Top Rated Moving Services throughout is a dedicated team, which handles your shoes correctly to prevent damage and loss. How the shoes are packed and moved will go a long way in determining the shoes’ terminal condition after they get to their final destination. The moving company should do the following when packing shoes:
- Each shoe should be individually wrapped in an appropriate wrapping paper. The wrapping prevents the shoes from rubbing on each other. The wrapping paper should be clean, and it should not leave markings on the shoe.
- If the original shoe boxes are available, the wrapped shoes are placed in their respective boxes lined with creased or wrinkled paper.
- For shoes without their original boxes, the pair should be folded in appropriate packaging, with each shoe taking half of the paper. Each shoe should be separated from the other, but the pair should be enveloped together in one wrapping paper.
- Dress shoes with decorations that might fall off should be sheathed with tissue paper to protect the delicate parts before putting them in their boxes.
- Label the packed shoes accordingly while going through your Moving Checklist with what is in the inventory. The boxes containing shoes should also be sealed and clearly labeled.
- The shoes wrapped in packaging paper and shoeboxes are then carefully arranged in an orderly manner in a large box. Any spaces can be filled with more packing paper or clothes to minimize movement of the shoes within the box during transport.
- Put the more cumbersome and bulkier shoes first into the packing box to prevent damage of the smaller more delicate shoes.
- The shoe owner should decide which shoes to wear on moving day. The shoes should be packed separately for easy access.
- If unpacking is not expected to be done soon, all shoes that need to be used in the time following the relocation should be packed separately for easy access.
Factors to Consider When Hiring a Company for Transporting Your Shoes
When choosing a company for moving shoes, you want one that has a professional, reliable, and legal team. Top Rated Moving Services will ensure professional packaging and transport of your shoes by meeting the following requirements:
- The company should have excellent online reviews When you search for the company online, you should determine the rating the previous customers gave it. The report should help you make a final decision as you compare various moving companies for your shoes. Check with FMCSA for credibility.
- Personal recommendations from customers who have used the company before is an excellent way to complement the online reviews. A first-hand account of a customer’s experience with the company is crucial.
- A professional moving company should be established, and the track record should be evident. When considering the track record, look for punctuality, affordability, and the ability to maintain the shoes in good condition
- The company should have a valid license and up to date insurance. Your company of choice is legally required to be operating within the law. The company is also expected to provide Moving Protection for your shoes in case of damage or loss.
- Any costs that you might incur while packing and transporting your shoes must be laid out. Any additional costs, e.g., moving shoes up a story building, unpacking, sourcing for alternative delivery trucks should be clarified beforehand.
- The right company for moving your shoes should have a valid physical address. An online address alone is not enough. Additionally, the company vehicles should be fitted with modern GPS trackers to assure you of the security of your shoes.
- The packing and moving team should make a list of all the shoes that you intend to move to. An inventory will help determine the estimated cost of moving the shoes and the actual number of shoes to move. The team should also ask which shoes you would like to keep, throw away or donate.
- A professional moving company will not have alternative names. Drop any company that has more than one name.
- The truck used to transport your shoes should have adequate space to fit all your shoes. It would be best if you did not have to incur the extra cost of a second vehicle or trip because your shoes cannot fit in the first one.
- A reputable moving company for your shoes has clear channels of communication if you want to report a problem. The moving team should also have excellent customer service, as evidenced by how they handle your questions both on the phone and in one on one interactions.
- The right company should provide cleaning, garbage disposal, and other moving-related services if the customer needs them
- A company that has a clear COVID-19 protocol is a winner. The contract should spell out measures the company team intends to take to minimize infection. Aside from hand washing and social distancing, the company should be ready to use fresh packaging material.
All in all, you will need the right company to pack and move your shoes. A professional moving company will assure you that your shoes will be delivered in good condition and promptly. During the pandemic, a reliable company for you should be one that has spelled out measures to enhance your safety from COVID-19. You will get excellent customer service and great value for the money spent. Top Rated Moving Services will not only ensure that your shoes are correctly packed but also safely professionally transported to your destination.