How to Move A Bed, Beddings & Linens
If you are moving soon then you know how much work is going to go into the move and all of the packing that you will need to do. You can call top rated moving services for help. You can also search the internet so that you can learn how to pack your belongings on your own. This will help save you some money in the long run. You will also learn how to pack different items and make sure they are the care they need to be safe during the travels. If you are looking to move a bed, linens, and other bedding items such as sheets there are some tips that you can use to help. Top rated moving services has helped with this list of tips to allow you to move your bedroom items including linens without leading to permanent damage.
Packing the bedding and linens is not going to be too difficult. There is some basic information you should be aware of to make this process easier. This will help you make sure that your bedding will be clean and will not be damaged. There are some simple steps you can follow to make sure everything can be packed without a problem.
When moving bedding or blankets you can use them to pack fragile items to help keep them protected. If you have extra bedding after this they should be packed last.
If you have more delicate items and do not have enough blankets or bedding to cover them you should contact a moving service for assistance.
Packing Bedding and Linens
You may not think that your linens and bedding are fragile but they will still need to be protected during your move. You do not want them damaged due to mold, moisture, and bugs. If you do not pack them correctly you can run into these items or you can be a victim of lack of space.
Tips for Packing Bedding and Linens
There are some simple tips to help you pack these items and get them ready for the move.
- It is best to begin by packing up one bedroom at a time. Do not mix items from each bedroom in your home. This is necessary to keep you organized.
- Large boxes are the best for packing bedding. You need to be aware of how much you are putting in each box and its weight. Bedding can become heavy quickly.
- The boxes that are going to contain the bedding should be lined so that these items do not get dirty. A newspaper and clean packing paper are some good options.
- Smaller pillows can be packed in the bureau or dresser draws. This space is only good for small pillows. Any large pillows will be ruined. This is due to too much pressure being put on them from being placed in this item.
- Once the bedding is put in the box it should be topped with packing paper before it is closed. This will help protect the bedding from moisture or bugs.
- The boxes should then be closed with packing tape.
- It is important to label the boxes. They can be labeled by the bedroom that they belong top. This will help reduce confusion. Even if the boxes are labeled fragile it is important to keep them organized.Tip: Beddings and linens do take up a lot of room when they are packed into boxes. They can be pressed down to save space. This will also release any air that has been trapped in the box. When packing bedding it is important to save space. Do not over pack the boxes. There should be enough space left so the boxes can be sealed closed and the bedding will not be popping out.
Vacuum storage bags can also be another option. They can be used to reduce the volume of the bedding when you are packing it.
In the bedroom, you are going to open have drapes or curtains. There are some tips on how to pack them to make sure everything is safe.
- Clean and drapes or curtains before they are going to be packed for the move.
- Fold them lengthwise and put them over a hanger that has padding.
- Pin the fabric in this position so that they do not wrinkle when they are being moved or sitting in boxed.
- Hang these items over a wardrobe bar.
- Be sure you do not overfill any cartons. This will lead to wrinkling and if the box is too heavy they will be a pain to move.
- Do not place these items are the bottom of a box.
- Be sure to label the box with the content and the room they will be intended to go in.
If you do not have access to the wardrobe box after cleaning the curtains they should be ironed and folded. They can then be put into a box and supported by packing paper.
Packing Throw or Bedroom Rugs
All of the rugs need to be properly cleaned before they are packed. Larger rungs need to be rolled up with plastic to help give them protection. If you do not have the proper supplies you should ask the moving company to pack them.
It is important to wrap the rugs to protect them.
To transport the rugs you should do the following.
Roll the short end of the rug and the pack of the rug should be on the outside.
A paper pad can be used to wrap the edges leaving 6 inches. The paper pad can also be used for other fragile items.
The paper pads should be taped shut at each end.
These are some tips to help you move the softer items in your bedroom. It is important to stay organized and make sure you know where each box of blankets go. If you are using the blankets for cushioning be sure to label those boxes too. If the boxes are secured properly then there is a little chance that these items will be damaged during the move.